- Category: Press Room Articles
Bank of America, through its Charitable Foundation, partnered with the Workforce Development Board and the Economic & Workforce Development Department by recently donating $121,000 to provide paid job opportunities for teens as part of the 2016 HIRE LA's Youth Initiative.
This is the fourth year that Bank of America has partnered with HIRE LA’s Youth, a program launched in 2005. Growing to meet demand and provide "first work" experiences to youth 16-24 years old, HIRE LA's Youth will meet Los Angeles Mayor Garcetti’s goal of employing 15,000 teens and young adults in Los Angeles this summer.
Bank of America's donation will provide paid first work experiences and summer jobs for 55 low-income Angeleno youth. In addition, Bank of America operates its own summer youth intern program at several of its Los Angeles branches.
Bravo to Bank of America's Executive Team responsible for making this generous donation possible:
- Raul Anaya, Bank of America's President of Greater LA
- Kerry Sullivan, President of Bank of America's Charitable Foundation
- Garrett Gin, Executive Director of Bank of America's Greater LA Corporate and Community Relations
- Raul Bustillos, Bank of America's Senior Vice President of Community Relations
For additional information on HIRE LA's Youth, visit their website at HireLAYouth.org.